page / 18
Water Resources Center and
South Platte Riverfront
CSU Equine Sports Medicine Clinic
NWC Transit Station
Shared Use/TOD Parking Structure
Trade Show/Exhibition Hall
Stadium Arena Market
Forney Transportation Museum
Illustrative Master Plan
South Platte River
Northside Park/Heron Pond
Globeville Landing Park
SCOPE INCLUDED IN THE RTA APPLICATION
While the entire program is slated to be built out over 10 or more years in eight phases, the elements listed in
red are included in this application for potential RTA funding:
• New Livestock Center and Stockyards/Events Pavilion
• New Equestrian Center including a CSU Equine Sports Medicine Facility
• Revitalized riverfront
• New infrastructure and connectivity to the North Denver neighborhoods and complex
• New Arena
• New Exposition Hall
• The CSU/Partner Center
• Public plaza spaces
• 1909 Stadium Arena repurposed as a year-round market
• New Water Resources Center
The livestock and equestrian centers are positioned to be the major tourist attractions and revenue drivers
of the updated complex. The expansion and development of these facilities will support an increase in
attendance at all of the other facilities, both existing and future.
• More and larger events will be hosted; events that now happen sequentially will happen simultaneously
with larger facilities.
• New equestrian and livestock events will draw more exhibitors to the trade-show events.
• New equestrian and livestock buildings will have space for expanded trade-show events – even before
the new expo hall is constructed in Phase 4.
• Expanded equestrian events will bring more clientele to the CSU Equestrian Sports Medicine Facility.
• Visitors to livestock and equestrian events may extend their stays to visit other site amenities, including
partner programs that CSU, History Colorado and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science will provide
Visionary: The intersection of tourism, trade, science and education
COMPLETE VISION FOR THE FUTURE